1. The Basic Information page is a questionnaire to make sure you meet the requirements:
- Eligibility to work in the US/Canada
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Experience with children for 1+ years’
- Native English speaker
2. The Interview Demo has two options:
- Smart Demo Express completed by downloading the app via iPad/smartphone.
- 5- Minute Live/Recorded Demo on a PowerPoint titled ‘Me, Myself, and I”- you can choose between recording the 5-minute demo or doing it with a live person from corporate. This must be completed using a laptop/PC (Chromebooks are not supported).
Note: This determines your hourly rate.
3. For the Mock Certification stage, you will receive Power Points for two separate lessons and on the day of, your mock class mentor will choose one. In total, this will take approximately 30 minutes. This is where a veteran teacher will role-play a class with you and then offer feedback.
4. During the Contract stage, you will upload documents and complete a background check. *If you don’t have a TESOL certificate, VIPKid will provide you with q free quiz.* You can sign your contract when everything is reviewed and approved. This can take 3-5 days (sometimes longer).
5. When your account is approved, you will have access to your portal where you can open your schedule to teach your first class!
The process can feel overwhelming and intimidating which is why I started a free, one-on-one virtual coaching program. As you navigate through each step, expect there to be a learning curve. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions and/or concerns. I aim to make this experience fun, easy, and stress free.
Please keep in mind that the process is self-paced. The speed at which you complete it is solely based on your dedication to this opportunity.
Have additional questions? Contact me here.