Commonly Asked Questions
- Be eligible to work in the US/Canada (VIPKid is not partnering with California teachers due to new laws)
- Hold a completed Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Have 1+ years’ experience with children (This can include babysitting, coaching, nannying, teaching or with children of your own)
- Be a native English level speaker
No, VIPKid provides their own free TESOL quiz before you sign your contract. Note: This cannot be used with other companies.
Hourly rates are up to $22/hour+. VIPKid offers additional incentives. For the most accurate information, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to see the chart. A new pay tier system effective as of January 2020.
In Eastern Standard Time Zone, the peak hours to work are 6:00am – 9:00am Monday -Sunday. With extended hours available Friday - Saturday 8:30pm – 9:00am.
Increased Hours During the Summer
You can increase your hours to 8:30 pm - 10:00 am EST daily.
No, you plan your own schedule, which is 100% flexible.
- Basic Information Stage
- Submit your application using my link and code: 055LDO
- Set up your classroom
- Complete the Interview Demo
- I offer free, 1-on-1 training with me, or I can send you a video to watch
- Schedule an interview with the company (Complete the live 5-minute interview demo with the company, or choose the Smart Demo Express route which consists of a mini quiz and 2:30 of teaching)
- Prepare for the Mock Certification stage ( I offer training for this step too)
- Schedule Certification demo with the company
- Sign the contract
- Teach 1st class
- Strong internet connection
- Referral Link
- Short notice incentive for opening classes within 24 hours
- Referral incentive - Helping other teachers through the initial process
- An incentive for being on time
- An incentive for teaching 45+ classes a month
It is 100% free!
On the day of our practice session, I will send you a screen-share link. Once logged in, you will have access to a video chat box, and the PowerPoint for the demo lesson that you will be teaching during the interview. I will login shortly after for a brief introduction chat. I will then begin teaching you foundation level skills and strategies to implement in your future classes. The practice session will be recorded so you can reference it later. In this 30-minute session, I will be teaching you my specific teaching style.
This depends on your schedule and how soon you choose to complete each demo class. Some applicants pass in 3 days, while others can take up to 3 weeks.
Everyone's journey is different; we’re all independent contractors. As parents book classes with their chosen teachers, it does take time to ‘build your book’. I will be here to support you through this stage.
You can opt to be paid in either weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payments, via direct-deposit.
We are independent contractors working on a 1099. You can write-off your computer, phone, tablet, internet, electricity, square footage of the space you teach in and anything else you buy for your ‘classroom’.
Tackling a learning curve and boosting your confidence is part of the process. I will be by your side through the entire journey, ensuring you are ready to hit the ground running from our first session, through to your future booked classes. 😊